ch-scene - Amps Do Furnish A Room @ Marvell Event Center Weds 2/6

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: andy fekete <andy.fekete AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Amps Do Furnish A Room @ Marvell Event Center Weds 2/6
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:31:48 -0800 (PST)

Amps Do Furnish A Room's next (final?) performance of Television's
"Marquee Moon" will be

Wednesday, Feb 6, 2008
Marvell Event Center
119 W. Main Street, Durham, NC 27701
with ambient / experimental rockers Read Underwater and Irata.
Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=119+W+Main+St+Durham+NC+27701+USA

This is our last scheduled performance of "Marquee Moon", Television's
seminal CBGB-era art-punk masterpiece, as immediately afterwards we
will retreat to the secret ADFAR bunker in Hollow Rock to study a new
album for 2008*. This is not an easy transition for us, as "Marquee
Moon" is so deeply wired into our DNA right now, and playing it live
has been unbelievably satisfying on so many levels. But, it's been a
year, and rules are rules: time to move on.

ADFAR would like to thank Local 506 in Chapel Hill, and Broad Street
Cafe and the Marvell Event Center in Durham for being such gracious
hosts for our live shows. Good people, good times.

Unplug your iPod, toss your video controller, trash the remote.

Get out. Live life. Support live local music.

-A

Andy Fekete, guitarist, Amps Do Furnish A Room

http://www.myspace.com/ampsdofurnisharoom
http://www.ampsdofurnisharoom.com

* Coming this fall 2008: ADFAR presents "The Notorious Byrd Brothers"
live

--

Local506 clips:

"Friction"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgs3OrmL6fw

"Marquee Moon", part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cIwVhL183A

Marquee Moon, part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJq-bPAP49o

"Elevation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPqdRon4QnU

"Torn Curtain"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ZGoNgKG7w

Broad Street Cafe clips:

"Friction"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8m3umJrBY

"See No Evil"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnBmp554Hwk

"Venus de Milo"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eMTRHGrZJU

all Local506 videos filmed live 1/4/2008 by T. Madejczyk

"Friction" filmed live @ Broad Street Cafe 3/30/2007 by M. Fekete

"I See No Evil" and "Venus de Milo" filmed live @ Broad Street Cafe
3/30/2007 by E. Huff

  • Amps Do Furnish A Room @ Marvell Event Center Weds 2/6, andy fekete, 01/27/2008