ch-scene - Culture Shcok/ Culture Zone

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Frostantine <Frostantine AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Culture Shcok/ Culture Zone
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 21:12:30 -0500

It is sad to see so many clubs closing. However, please know that there are
a seriously concerned group of folks out here working steadfastly to market
the Chapel Hill/ Carrboro/ Pittsboro and Hillsborough as a premier arts
destination.

Currently, a 15 member committee has been meeting monthly under the name
of 'Culture Zone' ( formerly Culture Shock - deemed too 'inaccessible(?) for
some) for about 6 months. We received and incubator grant for $1,500 to get
started to promote the arts in our 'three boros and a hill' and are working
out the all the details and how-to's to accomplish such a monumental task.

The basic concept is to recognize the wealth of arts in the area and to
promote ourselves to the outside world as THEE place to go for music, art
and culture of all types, uniting both businesses and artists with a unified
goal with a unified, cohesive message (kind of like Austin, Texas and their
music scene).

Please watch for updates and support 'Culture Zone" and offer any
suggestions to promote this endeavor. This is a win-win for our all of our
communities‹businesses and artists alike‹ as a whole. It is a slow process
started a not-for-profit, but we are here and working diligently to achieve
this goal.

Sallie Scharding
Culture Zone Committee Member