ch-scene - Re: Les Savy Fav at Duke Coffeehouse :: 16 Nov :: CANCELED!!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fikri Yucel <fikri_y AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Les Savy Fav at Duke Coffeehouse :: 16 Nov :: CANCELED!!!
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:46:34 -0800 (PST)

The Troika show scheduled for Nov. 16 has indeed been canceled.

BUT Veronique Diabolique AND Cantwell, Gomez & Jordan (both originally
scheduled to be part of the Troika lineup for that night) agreed to move
forward with a show at Duke Coffeehouse on Nov. 16 anyway. (We heard that
both bands happened to be available, and by coincidence the Coffeehouse did
not have anything else booked for that night...)

So: it ain't Troika. And Les Savy Fav aren't gonna be there. And it's not
going to be a $20 ticket. But a show will go on.

VD and CG&J are confirmed. A solo performance by Aimee from Des Ark is also
likely. Perhaps another band or two will get added to the bill. Probably a
$5 cover (something in that range, in any case). More details to follow.
Watch this space!

-Solange D.