ch-scene - Jule Brown news and dates

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Holland <mholland101 AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: Jule Brown news and dates
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:47:19 -0400

Hey All,

Hope everyone is doing well and did not get scared to death last night.
Some exciting things are happening with my music as of late:

New deal, New Producer: I am preparing to record again (2008), this time
with a new label and new producer (my last two records, Smoke and Mirrors and
Soldier in the 9th
were released by Enabler and produced by Dean Wareham and Rick Miller).
The label is No. 6 and is run by my old band's (Jennyanykind) Elektra
A&R man, Terry Tolkin. Terry has reemerged after a break and is
running his label from Stillwater, OK. While still in the works, a
backing agreement is being worked-out with World's Fair which is a
multi-function group run by Scott Booker, manager for the Flaming Lips.

The record will be produced, mixed and mastered by Kramer of
Shimmy-Disc fame. Kramer, too, has recently returned from a break and
is experiencing a resurgence. There was a great, 8-page article about
him in Magnet a few months ago.

In the meantime, I have been kicking-it around the Region as a solo.

Upcoming dates:

Nov 2 2007

8:00P

Black Wolf Vineyards
Dobson, North Carolina

Nov 3 2007

8:00P

Cafe Iano
Southern Pines, North Carolina

Nov 10 2007

8:00P

Blue Horn Lounge
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Nov 21 2007

8:00P

Pre-Turkey Day Jam – a benefit for Helping Hand Mission @ Cat’s
Cradle
Carrboro, North Carolina

If you do not wish to receive these updates in the future, please let me know!

Best regards,

Mark Holland
www.myspace.com/julebrown

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today.

  • Jule Brown news and dates, Mark Holland, 11/01/2007