ch-scene - Bizarre OxAm/Gawker blog fix on The Annuals

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Bizarre OxAm/Gawker blog fix on The Annuals
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:24:08 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.oxfordamericanmag.com/content.cfm?ArticleID=255&Entry=Extras

http://idolator.com/tunes/white-noise/overheated-world-of-music-blogging-results-in-a-few-cases-of-exhaustion-308340.php

I just started my antibiotics today and am too ill to
have an opinion right now.

But what I really want to know is what happened to
Cities? The hype machine blew their horn far and wide
but I didn't get sick of them. That remix thingie came
out late last year and then they vanished. Their
Myspace page is just a bunch of department store
credit card spam. Didn't they have it all? SXSW? Mr.
Paulson? Pitchfork? CMJ? A ringtone fer crissakes? I'm
sure I must be the last to know. But I would
appreciate a clue from the informed.

3

  • Bizarre OxAm/Gawker blog fix on The Annuals, Chris Calloway, 10/26/2007