ch-scene - Re: 2 Cat Power tix

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT blackstrap.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: 2 Cat Power tix
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:46:33 -0400

His recent collab with Nina Nastasia is fab. It's amazing how he fills out everything that isn't her voice and her minimal strumming. His playing is ornately stark, or some such contradiction.

-bendy

Chris Rossi wrote:
DJ Golf wrote:
Jim White, IMO, is one of the most underrated drummers around.
I don't know about underrated. Whenever his name comes up it always has to do with what an amazing drummer he is. Which he is. So I'd say he's rated about where he should be, which is very highly.

chris