ch-scene - Re: 2 Cat Power tix

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: 2 Cat Power tix
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:51:55 -0700

Metal Heart -was- pretty incredible, even with Chan's voice not 100%.
The song with just her & the organist was worth the price of admission
for me.

Jim White, IMO, is one of the most underrated drummers around. I have
a new appreciation for him now; I think he's the part of the Dirty 3
that you notice least until you see/hear him outside that context. D3
are amazing live & he's a big reason why (show me a great live band &
I'll show you a band with a great drummer, I always say.)

dj golf