ch-scene - Local 506 - Upcoming Shows plus...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 - Upcoming Shows plus...
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:10:15 -0000

I normally leave the intro stuff for our actual newsletter, but
there's a couple things that might interest everyone so I'll leave
them in.

Firstly, Local 506 has a new policy regarding smoking. Smoking is now
prohibited in the room where bands play; however, smokers are welcome
to smoke in the room where the bar is. This is still an experiment to
see if this can work and I think so far the results have been
positive. But we appreciate your continued cooperation (and welcome
any feedback you may have.)

And because our Sundays are all booked in October, we are moving our
506 Music Trivia Nights to Tuesdays this month: it will be held on
Tuesday, 10/16 and Tuesday, 10/30. With that said, because there are
good shows at the Cat's Cradle on those nights (Cat Power and Shout
Out Louds respectively) - the start-time for trivia will move up to
7pm allowing people to do both (trivia normally lasts about 2 hours.)
If you haven't been able to make it out on a Sunday, please join us
this month. Each member of the winning team wins a pair of tickets to
any Local 506 show.

And congratulations to WXDU's team, The Durham Wizards, who finally
prevailed this week in trivia after being very close in the past.

Here's our full schedule, which is always easier to read at
Local506.com with links to the band sites, tickets, etc.

Thanks for supporting Local 506....glenn

10/2 TUE ROCK PLAZA CENTRAL / O'DEATH / CAROL BUI
10/3 WED ADAM FRANKLIN (of Swervedriver) / *SONS / DAWN CHORUS
10/4 THU TIM BARRY / WILLIAM ELLIOTT WHITMORE / JOSH SMALL
10/5 FRI MATTHEW DEAR'S BIG HANDS / MOBIUS BAND (Presented by
WOXY.com) / OPENING FLOWER HAPPY BIRD
10/6 SAT ROCKY VOTOLATO / PORTUGAL, THE MAN / THE GREAT DEPRESSION /
AMERICAN PRINCESS
10/7 SUN THE BRUNETTES / FERRABY LIONHEART
10/8 MON Cat's Cradle Presents TWO GALLANTS / BLITZEN TRAPPER / SONGS
FOR MOMS
10/9 TUE FOURTH OF JULY / HALE DIXON
10/10 WED The Crazy Mixed Up Plumbing tour featuring JONAH RAY / SEAN
O'CONNOR / NICK MARITATO / ANDREW WRIGHT
10/11 THU CARIBOU / BORN RUFFIANS
10/12 FRI SUNSET RUBDOWN / MAGIC WEAPON / JOHNNY & THE MOON
10/13 SAT BOXBOMB / TELESCREEN / EN SERENADE (Bonde Do Role is no
longer playing)
10/14 SUN Cat's Cradle Presents QUI / HAZERAI / HEX MACHINE / PRIZE
COUNTRY
10/15 MON DEAD CONFEDERATE
10/16 TUE 506 Music Trivia Night (Earlier start-time! 7pm)
10/17 WED THE LOFT
10/18 THU BIO RITMO (Two sets of live salsa music plus DJs!)
10/19 FRI TIM LEE 3/ STRATOCRUISER / JUNIOR LEAGUE
10/20 SAT FILM SCHOOL / DIVISION DAY / EULOGIES
10/21 SUN MONOTONIX / BLAG'ARD
10/22 MON Cat's Cradle Presents GEORGIE JAMES / LE LOUP / SWEATER
WEATHER
10/23 TUE ROBBERS ON HIGH STREET / GREAT NORTHERN / THE SHAKY HANDS
10/24 WED ARIZONA / VAMPIRE HANDS / THUNDER IN THE VALLEY
10/25 THU THE BROKEN WEST / THE WHIGS / WILD SWEET ORANGE
10/26 FRI Cat's Cradle Presents JOHNETTE NAPOLITINO
10/27 SAT Cat's Cradle Presents MATT POND PA / JESCA HOOP
10/28 SUN SAY HI (TO YOUR MOM) / THE VELVET TEEN / A-SIDES
10/29 MON SCOUT NIBLETT / MIDDLE DISTANCE RUNNER
10/30 TUE 506 Music Trivia Night (Earlier Start Time! 7pm)
10/31 WED DEXTER ROMWEBER & THE NEW ROMANS (with Special Guest Belly
Dancers The CALIGULETTES) / EVIL WIENER
11/1 THU HOLLY GO LIGHTLY & THE BROKE-OFFS / MALAMONDOS
11/2 FRI OLD TIME RELIJUN / MIDTOWN DICKENS
11/3 SAT Cat's Cradle Presents JULIETTE & THE LICKS / SCISSORS FOR
LEFTY / SUFRAJETTE
11/4 SUN Cat's Cradle Presents WARLOCKS / DARKER MY LOVE
11/5 MON PYLON / NEW SOUND OF NUMBERS / VIOLET VECTOR & THE LOVELY
LOVELIES
11/6 TUE Cat's Cradle Presents FRIGHTENED RABBIT
11/7 WED WHITE RABBITS
11/8 THU CAPTURED BY ROBOTS
11/9 FRI BUSDRIVER / DAEDELUS / ANTIMC
11/10 SAT THE HONORED GUESTS / TENNIS & THE MENNONITES / MAX INDIAN /
THE ARCHIBALDS
11/11 SUN Cat's Cradle Presents IAMX (featuring Chris Corner from
Sneaker Pimps)
11/13 TUE TH' LEGENDARY SHACK*SHAKERS / PINE HILL HAINTS
11/14 WED YIP YIP / FUTURE ISLANDS / TRON VALDEZ
11/17 SAT Cat's Cradle Presents CASS McCOMBS / ARIEL PINK / CLANG
QUARTET
11/18 SUN THE BLAKES
11/19 MON THE GOLDEN DOGS
12/7 FRI Cat's Cradle Presents TRAVIS MORRISON
12/8 SAT fro-Motion 2007 with JESSE MALIN / HANK SINATRA /
BACKSLIDERS / RICHARD BACCHUS AND THE LUCKIEST GIRLS / TWO DOLLAR
PISTOLS / MEMPHIS the band / HICK'RY HAWKINS
12/10 MON WHITE MAGIC
12/14 FRI Indie Rock Karaoke

  • Local 506 - Upcoming Shows plus..., local506, 10/03/2007