ch-scene - Sights&Sounds [9.3]Sep07

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds [9.3]Sep07
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

Thursday - 9/20 - Daliami Party - Little Friday funkiness for
lounge and dancefloor action. Music by Keith. 10p. And get ready for next
week's last Thursday of the month party: Prom Night. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones
St., Midtown Raleigh - www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Thusday - 9/20 - Spark Con - The creative conference kicks off this evening
with a range of activities, some of which are featured in this list. To get
the idea of what Spark Con is about and a complete events schedule, check:
http://sparkcon.com/about.html & http://sparkcon.com/schedule.html

Thursday - 9/20 - Art Spark presents Open Art Exhibit - Vintage21
co-hosts with Artspace and Contemporary Art Museum this feat for the Spark
Con fest of original art, photography, design and sculpture works by local
artists. Food by Red Room and drink by NC Wine & Grape Council. 8pm.
Vintage21, 117 S. West St, Downtown Raleigh -
http://sparkcon.com/artspark.html

Friday - 9/21 - FashionSpark presnts Wear What You Are - Wear What You Are
is the slogan for this year's Spark Con fashion show of apparel, body art and
accesories by some of the area's famous creators. Come early to get a space.
8p. Moores Square, Downtown Raleigh - http://sparkcon.com/fashionspark.html

Friday - 9/21 - Music Spark presnts SoundSpark - The soundtrack is hiphop
and it's definitely a show not to miss as national artists Fanu, Mike G and
Camp Lo join local favorites The Remix Project, DJ Krazerock and more. 9p.
Downtown Events Center, 14 W. Martin St., Downtown Raleigh -
http://sparkcon.com/musicspark.html

Friday - 9/21 - Gran Reserva - Post Ibiza sees the dancefloor with summer
dance vibes from the White Island and beyond. Music by Keith. 10p. Mosaic
Wine Lounge, 517 W. Jones St, Midtown Raleigh - www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Satuday - 9/22 - ArtSpark presents Art Slam - Displayed at dusk on 20ft
screen in the square, the Art Slam takes on visual works by contributing
artists. Poetry, music and dance performances also featured. 7:30p. Moores
Square, Downtown Raleigh - http://sparkcon.com/artspark.html

Saturday - 9/22 - MusicSpark presents Q-Burns and Sleazy McQueen - The
funky house disco 80s boogie mix dj duo comes direct from Orlando for the
party. For those who like to get down. 10p. Riviera, 139 S. Wilmington
St., Downtown Raleigh - http://sparkcon.com/musicspark.html &
www.myspace.com/sleazymcqueen & www.myspace.com/qburnabstractmessage

Saturday - 9/22 - Douga Douga - The Biergarten fete carries on under
umbrellas whilst bellydancer and dj meet on the dancefloor and Kasbah.
CarribbeanArabicEuroSoul flavor. 10p. Bellydance by Sasha. Music by
Keith. Mosaic Wine Lounge, 517 W. Jones St, Midtown Raleigh -
www.myspace.com/mosaicwinelounge

Sunday - 9/23 - Neu Romance - Block party flavor jams with eats and cheap
sips. With dJs Madcow, Mark T, Drew, Castro and guests. 9p. Tir Na Nog,
218 S. Blount St., Downtown Raleigh - www.neuromance.org

Also happening:
) -
Wed - 9/19 - 9/21 - Popkomm Festival 2007 (Berlin, Germany)
www.popkomm.de & http://de.launch.yahoo.com/popkomm-2007/timetable/
Thu - 9/20 - Open Stage & Open Mic @ Aries (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/arieslounge
Thu - 9/20 - Electronic Bliss (breaks) @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.myspace.com/nclounge
Thu - 9/20 - Afromotive @ 18th St Lounge (DC) -
www.rhythmandculture.com/flyers/afro.jpg
Fri - 9/21 - MusicSpark presents Opera About Town, 12p @ Moores Square
(Raleigh) - http://sparkcon.com/operaspark.html
Fri - 9/21 - Suite 400 Party hosted by Blue Goose @ Aries (Raleigh)
Fri - 9/21 - Apollo Soul Festival (Berlin) - http://kspace.tv
Sat - 9/22 - Costamundo w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Red Room (Raleigh)

Sat - 9/22 - Ebb & Flow w/Dae (downtempo/house) @ Alivias Durham Bistro
(Durham) -
www.aliviasdurhambistro.com
Sat - 9/22 - 80s Night @ Aries (Raleigh) - www.myspace.com/arieslounge
Sat - 9/22 - DJ Harvey @ LOVE (NYC) -
www.musicislove.net/updates/images/harvey22_01.gif
Sat - 9/22 - Kaskade @ WetBar (ATL)
Sat - 9/22 - New York-Tokyo Music Festival @ Central Park (NYC) -
http://music.newyork-tokyo.com
Sun - 9/23 - MusicSpark presents Opera About Town, 1p @ Moores Square
(Raleigh) - http://sparkcon.com/operaspark.html
Mon - 9/24 - Sunset Sessions w/Keith @ Red Room (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/keithmward
Mon - 9/24 - Bjork w/Klaxons @ Madison Square Garden (NYC) - www.bjork.com &
www.myspace.com/klaxons

Tue - 9/25 - Open Acoustic Night @ Aries (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/arieslounge
Tue - 9/25 - ElectroBistro (djs - electronic) @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)
Wed - 9/26 - Wine Tasting & Tapas @ Mosaic (Raleigh) -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com
Wed - 9/26 - Salsa Sabor w/dJ Perreo (latin) @ Riviera (Raleigh) -
www.rivieraresto.com
Wed - 9/26 - Cinematic Orchestra @ Webster Hall (NYC) -
www.cinematicorchestra.com
Thu - 9/27 - Prom Night Party @ Mosaic (Raleigh) - www.mosaicwinelounge.com
Thu - 9/27 - Soul Psychedelique @ Amras (Raleigh) -
www.soulpsychedelique.com

Music:
Chromophobia - Gui Boratto
Fixed Chicken EP - Catz N Dogz
The Real Thing - Jill Scott
CPT Beard - Markus Enochson
Papa Loko - Jephte Guillaume
Ma Fleur - Cinematic Orchestra
Volare Mix by Nicolas Matar
The World Has Made Me The Man Of My Dreams - Meshell Ndegeocello -
www.myspace.com/officialmeshellndegeocello

Radio:
www.ibizaglobalradio.com

) -

) -
Video:
DJ Sara and DJ Ryusei: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wbQiQEEVY1A

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows
on Yahoo! TV.