ch-scene - Re: Gourmet mag - local Latino restaurants

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Gourmet mag - local Latino restaurants
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:31:19 -0400

Thanks for the pointer to that story.

That bunker's gotta be Taqueria El Paraiso (111 S. Alston Ave). It's great. A friend and I have been going there for lunches after I read about it in Bob Garner (the BBQ guy) trip-blog posting on Chow. Very humble facility, nice folks, fantastic food. It helps to know some Spanish for purpose of ordering and payment. We'd been ordering the tacos, which we're really good, but the counterman steered us towards the gorditas, which were fantastic. We've never been able to get the soups. They've either been out, or we've been asking wrong.

http://www.chow.com/tour/156

--rt