ch-scene - Local 506 Wants You...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 Wants You...
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:32:38 -0000

...to possibly work here if you have any ideas for our non-music
nights.

As most of you know, long-time bartender John Dzubak has left for New
York. Likewise, as I've often asked of my staff, is there other stuff
we could be doing on the nights that we are currently closed. Music
Trivia and, more recently, Guitar Hero nights came out of this, but
we're still closed more than I'd liked to be.

Since Local 506 is known as a music venue first, it doesn't really pay
to open the bar unless there is something happening that attracts a
crowd. With that said, I feel there is more we could be doing - with
or without bands.

Most of the non-music stuff we do has to be free just to get people to
come, but one of the ideas I've thought of is rewarding idea-
generators with the opportunity to bartend those nights so they can at
least make some tips. I'm open to other arrangements as well (% of
the bar, etc.)

I think you should be able to reply to me from this post, but here's
the address: local506 AT gmail.com...glenn