ch-scene - Just announced -- Acoustic Blues Guitar Workshop - Sept. 9

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: flyinrex2001 AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Just announced -- Acoustic Blues Guitar Workshop - Sept. 9
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:57:46 -0700

Hi folks -

Jon Shain here. I've entered into a partnership with my good friends
at High Strung Violins and Guitars to present guitar workshops there
on a regular basis. They've recently moved into a much larger space on
Broad Street here in Durham (right next to the Broad Street Cafe).
This gives me the opportunity to open these classes up to more
students and now we'll have supplies on hand if anyone needs
something (tab-books, slides, picks, etc.) and good coffee and snacks
right next door.

The first workshop is set for Sunday Sept. 9 - my Acoustic Blues I
class (description below). It will run from 10am to 5pm with an hour
break for lunch. Class limited to 12 students. Cost is $100 for the
day - full deposit required to hold your space. You can reserve your
space with me or at the store.

Acoustic Blues I - is for students who have a real interest in
acoustic blues playing. We'll cover elements of the Piedmont style,
Mississippi style, riffs, turnarounds, blues song forms, slide
playing, open tunings, fingerstyle mostly.

email me at flyinrex AT jonshain.com to reserve a spot

Thanks,
Jon

www.jonshain.com

  • Just announced -- Acoustic Blues Guitar Workshop - Sept. 9, flyinrex2001, 08/08/2007