ch-scene - Fwd: :-)=> The Golden Week of NL Summer Fest!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "charlie st.clair" <nightlightbooking AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fwd: :-)=> The Golden Week of NL Summer Fest!
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:56:18 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nightlight Regalia <nightlight AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Aug 8, 2007 12:50 PM
Subject: :-)=> The Golden Week of NL Summer Fest!
To: nightlightbooking AT gmail.com

Check it out, freak out and reminisce about it.. www.nightlightclub.com

This week we offer some really special shows filled with the
transcendental pop essence of being in love, running through flower
fields and swimming at the quarry. We have air conditioning inside!!!

Reliving the summer of love has been on historically minded minds of
late. We attempt not to relive, but rather re-distribute a small
distillate containing the spirit or essence of grass-bound free
smoochies.

TONIGHT- WED> 9:30 PM $5
Ray's Vast Basemement- San Fran based indie-pop group - new album out
hear it on WXYC
Phon- electronic underwater rumble tinkle duo de Raleigh also released
a new album this year congrats to Dustin and Drew

THURSDAY> 9:30 PM $6
Znth/The Pains of Being Pure at Heart/Minchia/Americans in France
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart- super fun, The Clash-like with lots
of fun beats (NY)
Minchia and Zinth offer denser, drone-like songs that make your belly
rumble. Americans in France is not a thinly veiled reference to
National Lampoon's Vacation.

FRIDAY> 10 PM $6
JEFF Crawford of Roman Candle's and Spencer Acuff CD Release Party-
"Something for
Everyone"- fun, upbeat and lively
with Max Indian (local heroes from Chapel HIll, sort of Neil Young
esque, pretty dreamy)
and Tim Carless

SATURDAY> Jason Crumer leaves for Oakland, CA- GOING away party! $3
local noise king ventures off to the far west leaving behind grueling,
dense sounds of sledgehammers and feedback.

words/details as per spam via Ryan A Martin::::

Along for the ride is::: JASON CRUMER, epic farewell set, solo and
collaborative action w/ Rachal Spikula + Ryan Martin of Relay For
Death and Boyzone, Scotty Irving of Clang Quartet, and Lee Counts of
American Band

:::::::: RELAY FOR DEATH, Roxann + Rachal Spikula's wild alternative
music band, ghost vox + fire, if you witnessed their freakishly
stoic/hypnotic/prankish/rocking sets with Fat Worm of Error and
Suffering Bastard/White Mice, you know what I'm talking about.

::::::::::::::::USABABY, Matt + Laura Parson's brilliant teenage punk sounds

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::ABHORRENT STRAIN, zombie noise from Western
NC, we met him on the Crushing Carolina Tour, just wait.

------------------------------

STAY TONED FOR UPCOMING SHOWS:
Pterodactyl, Bellafea, They Shoot Horses Don't They, Cantwell, Gomez
and Jordan, Grappling Hook (Torch Marauder's newer band), Le Weekend, Double
Muslims and Robo Sapien!

Love,
Nightlight Bar & Club

--
NIGHTLIGHT BAR & CLUB
405 1/2 Rosemary St

--
NIGHTLIGHT BAR & CLUB
405 1/2 Rosemary St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
http://www.nightlightclub.com
nightlightinfo AT gmail.com
nightlightbooking AT gmail.com

  • Fwd: :-)=> The Golden Week of NL Summer Fest!, charlie st.clair, 08/08/2007