ch-scene - BULL CITY HEADQTRS. TONIGHT, MONDAY JULY 16

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ansmithers AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: BULL CITY HEADQTRS. TONIGHT, MONDAY JULY 16
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:27:06 -0700

Hello,
apologies for cross postings,
please forward as you see fit.

There is a show on MONDAY at BULL CITY HEADQUARTERS in DURHAM, NC
http://www.myspace.com/bch q
ADDRESS:
723 N. Mangum St.
Durham, NC 27701

Show is FREE...
but please donate for the touring bands what you can...

THE SHOW WILL START PROMPTLY AT 9:00 PM. NO JOKE, we are In the Year
of the PIG and we are going to play that first note at fucking 9:01
(and probably break a string, but still, the note will be played at
9:01)

we got to be serious about this because it is a Monday, for one thing,
and there are folks that live around there, for another,
and we want people who got to go to work the next day to come to the
show.
Please come.
Don't be late.

We are going to set up on both sides of the room too, ala duo-fest,
so once it starts,
it will go,

pausing only for short breaks to air the room out
(it will be hot, bathe later)

The show will include: (I cribbed some of this from Dave Cantwell's
email)

MIDNITE SNAKE=One of Birdman Records's latest offerings: kinda psych-
y,
drone-y, garage-y....heaviness. Think Psychic Paramount with out the
prog
tendencies. Don't bogart that echo tape loop, man!! Drummer from
Modey Lemon,
I think of them as if ZZ Top started in 2002 and was from Pittsburgh
instead of Houston.
They got the beards and this band fucking rocks.
http://www.myspace.com/midnitesnake

NIGHT WOUNDS=For the "influences" section of their Myspace page, these
guys
have a photograph of a bootleg copy of Joy Division's early demos.
The
coolest. As it turns out, their music is pretty great: old-fashioned
no-wave punk with atonal guitars and saxophones--all the way from
Portland.
Awesome!! (And, if you care, Thurston Moore likes 'em...).
Have a split 7" with old Raleigh metal/screamo/hardcore Black Castle.
http://www.myspace.com/nightwounds

IN THE YEAR OF THE PIG=in the furious five piece format
http://www.myspace.com/intheyearofthepig

Relay for Death= R and R Spikula sisters damage rock. May have seen
them around playing with BoyZone of late or if you have been to a show
in the Farrier Basement in Raleigh (I haven't although I should and so
should you)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thisreallyhappenedok/588960093/in/set-72157600425774418/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thisreallyhappenedok/476665804/

thanks
we like you and think you are very special

  • BULL CITY HEADQTRS. TONIGHT, MONDAY JULY 16, ansmithers, 07/17/2007