ch-scene - A reason not to hate Clear Channel

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: A reason not to hate Clear Channel
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:09:00 -0700

The link below is to a press release from WUVT, the Virginia Tech
student radio station, about donations from Clear Channel and some
other folks with the intent of fixing/upgrading/replacing the
transmitter and/or finally moving it off campus, something station
management has been trying to do for years. The donations come in
response to the April 16 shootings, as WUVT Chief Engineer Kevin
Sterne was one of the wounded (he was the student who probably saved
his own life by using an electrical cord as a tourniquet on his leg
wound. His story and a photo of him being carried out of Norris Hall
by EMT's was printed and broadcast widely in media reports.) Kevin
asked for donations to the station instead of flowers and gifts.

This has been on the WUVT website for a couple of weeks, but I'm a
little behind on my web surfing. You know, work and stuff.

http://www.wuvt.vt.edu/press/WUVT_PRESS_RELEASE_5.14.html

  • A reason not to hate Clear Channel, DJ Golf, 06/27/2007