ch-scene - Gadow Guitar RARE -- for sale -- rivals PRS! Luthier handmade

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: editor AT eer-music.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Gadow Guitar RARE -- for sale -- rivals PRS! Luthier handmade
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:34:44 -0700

GADOW CUSTOM DOUBLE CUTAWAY GUITAR COLLECTIBLE NO LONGER MADE!
$800 OBO
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120128471354

Product: Gadow Guitars Double Cutaway
Price 2002: US $2,000
Manufacturer URL http://www.gadowguitars.com/

Features 10.0 (2 responses)
Sound 10.0 (2 responses)
Action, Fit, & Finish 9.0 (2 responses)
Reliability/Durability 10.0 (2 responses)
Customer Support 10.0 (2 responses)
Overall Rating 10.0 (2 responses)

2002 DC made at High Strung Music in Durham, NC
22 frets
highly figured carved maple top
mahogany back
maple neck w/ rosewood fret board
two Lindy Fralin humbuckers ( 8.5 & 9.5 ohms )
master tone and volume
outrageously beautiful flame top sunburst
PlanetWave tuners
one piece bridge

The Fralins are off the chart amazing. Hate to use a cliche, but
crystal clear with huge balls seems to work. The sustain is, well the
notes seem to ring until I stop them ! The distortion is not in the
least muddy, just BIG, WARM, SMOOTH that growls in direct proportion
to how much you lean on it. I've never held a guitar so responsive. I
was searching for a Les Paul/PRS type guitar a few months back and
walked into High Strung.

It has a very rich tone, especially in the midrange. You can really
hear the wood, if that makes sense. For me, this is a characteristic
of all fine guitars; I don't think I've ever heard a solid body whose
wood comes out more. The tonal palette is also quite extensive.
The finish is beautiful. The buyer should know that each guitar is
made individually by Ryan Gadow and his apprentices at Ryan's Durham,
NC, shop.

  • Gadow Guitar RARE -- for sale -- rivals PRS! Luthier handmade, editor, 06/04/2007