ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, Week of April 5, 2007

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeff Hart" <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, Week of April 5, 2007
  • Date: 5 Apr 2007 18:30:57 -0700

On Apr 5, 8:18 pm, g... AT ibiblio.org (grady) wrote:

> Friday, April 6
> Brown Mountain Lights (http://www.brownmountainlights.net/)
> Phil Lee (http://www.phillee1.com)
> Hege V (http://www.vivanashvegas.com/home.htm)
> Hideaway BBQ, Raleigh
>
> Hege V is the country-rock-ish band of George Hamilton V, son of country
> legend George Hamilton IV. They put out a great twangy proto-alt-country
> album back in the 80s, and then broke up when George headed to Nashville.
>
> Joining Hege is another Raleigh->Nashville expat, Phil Lee, as well as
> the not-yet-moved-to-Nashville Brown Mountain Lights.

sorry we didn't get the word out sooner. brown mountain lights
disbanded in late march, so nashville is spared a bit longer. we were
planning two april shows (hideaway bbq and the cave), but couldn't
make it that far. our last show turned out to be the january hege v
show at the cradle.

the good news is that four bands have come out of the breakup:

amps do furnish a room
http://www.myspace.com/ampsdofurnisharoom

meltzer-hart
http://www.myspace.com/meltzerhart