ch-scene - Diversions 3/29

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Diversions 3/29
  • Date: 27 Mar 2007 22:19:25 -0700

This week in Dive we say goodbye to the month of March and to the
comfortable amount of pages we've enjoyed the past few weeks.

Basically, when it came to space, we got hosed. But we're resourceful
lil' undergrads, so we took that lemon and made it into a fancy liquor
drink and had a blast. (Except not me. I'm not 21 yet.)

The cover is a blotter of major local record labels in the indie rock
realm. It's not as expansive as I'd like (sorry, a handful of smaller/
newer labels that didn't make it), but I think it does the trick. We
do have comments online, so feel free to post which labels I should
have put on there. Chances are I'll agree with you.

Inside, we've got a Q&A with The Moaners, a column about hype, Arcade
Fire and The Shins.

Review-wise, expect to see some coverage of local records from *SONS,
The Moaners and Eyes To Space. We've also got short takes on Modest
Mouse, Gruff Rhys and Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band. That's all I got
for ya.

Movies cover TMNT, Reign over Me, and The Death of Mr. L(I can't
remember his name).

Feature pic is The Strugglers at the Lost In The Trees release show
last week.

Remember diveblog is now dive.dailytarheel.com

And hopefully, I'll see some folks at the bevy of local release
parties this week. (Sorry Durham...I don't have a car. I tried though,
really I did.)

And with that, I bid you farewell,

Bryan

  • Diversions 3/29, breed, 03/28/2007