ch-scene - Re: Tech Geek Post: Misbehaving Guitar

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Tech Geek Post: Misbehaving Guitar
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:56:30 -0400

Thanks for the input, dudes. I've ordered some copper tape and am going to experiment with sheilding the inside of the pickguard with that and grounding it. I suppose I can also buy some dryer sheets and mess around with those. Before I do that I might try a wire connection from the bridge to ground to bypass the springs. Assuming the problem is static, it should go away as soon as this area's much vaunted humidity finally kicks in. Until next winter.

Thanks,
Chris