ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of March 23, 2007

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeff Hart" <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of March 23, 2007
  • Date: 23 Mar 2007 20:23:12 -0700

> Friday, March 30
> Jeff Hart & The Ruins
> The Hanks (http://www.thehanks.com/)
> Killer Filler (http://www.myspace.com/killerfiller)
> Broad Street Cafe, Durham
>
> The Hanks were a Raleigh rockband that included Ron Bartholomew and Jeff
> Hart; they were around from '87 until I dunno exactly. They were of the
> generation upon whom Arrogance were a huge influence, and in fact played
> some gigs backing that band's Robert Kirkland once he went solo. But
> they could also be a little more "punk" or at least "new wave,"
> especially on the genius "Cigarette," which ain't on their MySpace page,
> dagnabit. It may be the best song to come out of Raleigh circa '88.

thanks for the good word. i just remedied that omission, ross. had
trouble with converters lately. "cigarette" is now at
http://www.myspace.com/theoriginalhanks

also, a youtube from '88: terry anderson from the woods (now yayhoos
and olympic ass kicking team) stormed the stage & starts shoving
people around during a cover of "dead flowers".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ZOuKE4PfU