ch-scene - This week in Dive! (3/1)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: This week in Dive! (3/1)
  • Date: 27 Feb 2007 20:42:32 -0800

This week in Dive! (3/1)
Hello friends,

Gather 'round for another fine installment of the Diversions teaser
post. Hooray!

This week, we kick off March with a cover story on fine arts as a
method of community service. There's a column from resident Yankee
Jackie Randell assuring her northern brethren that it is, in fact, OK
to liek country music. Some of it anyway.

In the ole Q&A block, we have a chat with Durham's Red Collar to get
the word out about the mighty fine Hands Up EP, the band just
released.

Feature pic o' the week is Des Ark doing acrobatics on the floor of
Cat's Cradle on Saturday at the big giant CD release extravaganza.
Thanks Ben Davis for the cupcakes. They were delicious.

Featured music reviews of Elvis Perkins and The National Lights.
Shorts on The Besnard Lakes, Dr. Dog, Winterpills, 8088's new comp,
and plenty more fun stuff.

Movie reviews of "Zodiac" and "Black Snake Moan" will be present, and
hopefully pleasant. (It's late, that was awful, I'm sorry.)

And, I think that about wraps it up. Last weekend's concert coverage
is up on the <a href="http://apps.dailytarheel.com/blogs/
dive">DiveBlog</a> already. Check it Out.

Talk to you next week!

less than three,
Bryan from Dive.

  • This week in Dive! (3/1), breed, 02/27/2007