ch-scene - THIS WEEK IN DIVERSIONS

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: THIS WEEK IN DIVERSIONS
  • Date: 30 Jan 2007 21:18:08 -0800

Don't forget to pick up a copy of this Thursday's DTH, or check out
www.dailytarheel.com for this week's enthralling edition of
Diversions.

This week we've got a cover story profiling Chris Stamey in honor of
the dB's show at Cat's Cradle.

We've got a Q&A with Kelly from The Rosebuds to preview their
performance alongside Yo La Tengo next Tuesday.

Music Reviews include a featured take on the new Clap Your Hands Say
Yeah record, and shorter critiques of releases by Victory artists A
Day To Remember, Beneath the Sky as well as a blues comp put together
by Kenny Wayne Shepherd and a live album by A-Trak (Kanye West's DJ)

We've got featured movie reviews on "Volver" and "Epic Movie"

DTH arts editor Harry Kaplowitz has contributed a column about the
detrimental effects of "Unrated Edition" DVDs, especially when the
movie was PG-13 to begin with.

And, for those of you who prefer pixels to paper, we've got bonus
features online, including DVD reviews, a movie review of "Smokin'
Aces" and as always, uber-fun content on the Diversions Blog
(apps.dailytarheel.com/blogs/dive)

Also, keep your eyes and ears peeled for Dive in the months ahead.
That's all I have to say about that at this time.

Until next week,

-Bryan from Dive

  • THIS WEEK IN DIVERSIONS, breed, 01/31/2007