ch-scene - Re: The Mill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "kmr" <rossreport AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: The Mill
  • Date: 10 Dec 2006 06:44:30 -0800

I think you're right about the Cutting Edge thing. I met Dex for the
first time three days after the Maus burned down.

grady wrote:
> Wow! Now I don't have to watch "Young Rock" on my TV/VCR anymore!
>
> One thing: I'm pretty sure that Dex's Maus tour thing is from IRS's The
> Cutting Edge, not 120 Minutes, which didn't exist in '85, IIRC. But
> maybe you were just being coy with the captioning.
>
> So how many blogs can Kirk Ross blog while still managing to eat & sleep
> some reasonable amount?

I think the answer is four. It's pretty easy, really--an old newsroom
method called writing-while-reporting. Besides, I had all this training
on AMCH. Remember back before there were BLs and we just called them
OGs? Thems were the days.