ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of December 7, 2006

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "radiofury AT gmail.com" <radiofury AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of December 7, 2006
  • Date: 8 Dec 2006 07:23:48 -0800

> Sunday, December 10
> Buildings To Dust (http://www.myspace.com/buildingstodust)
> Appalachian Terror Unit (http://www.myspace.com/appalachianterrorunit)
> Parasytic
> Berkeley Cafe, Raleigh

BTD just made this announcement:

Due to ties with Rodslinger Music, the co-booker, and their being
associated with Empire Falls and booking them last week at the venue.
Empire Falls is put out by and generates money for RAC records, which
is a seriously fucked up distribution (www.racrecords.com). Basically
we boycott Empire Falls and Micetrap or RAC records and therefore can't
have anything to do with this show.

Appalachian Terror Unit is following suit and were gonna try to set up
a house show in Greensboro or just have a low-key show at our practice
space. If anyone can help us out with this that would be great,
otherwise Email us if your interested in seeing Appalachian Terror Unit
with us Sunday night because our practice space needs a code and we
need to carpool to there.

Sorry if we might seem like "tight-asses" for doing this but were not
here to make money or party, we just want to play good shows to good
people who are respectfull. Not organized racists.

I think the show has moved to their practice space in Greensboro...
check their myspace page.

-kelly