ch-scene - Re: Business Buzz: Jo & Joe's is morphing into Five Points Irish Pub

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jason M Sullivan <jason AT ignatz.nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Business Buzz: Jo & Joe's is morphing into Five Points Irish Pub
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:17:59 GMT

On 2006-12-01, monkeyboythom AT gmail.com <monkeyboythom AT gmail.com> wrote:
>>From the article:
>
> [edit: Jo and Joe's goes all Irish pub on us]
>
> Waitaminute! Doesn't NC have a state law that there can be only one
> Irish Pub per city? That's why Ri-Ra's shut down in Raleigh, right?

I'm sad to say that "Napper Tandys" (which is what Ri-Ra turned into) still
has that Irish Theme Pub feel, and we've also got the Hiberneon and Tyr na
Nog. The Irish Theme Pub Menace continues to spread unchecked by law or
common sense.

--
//)) Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
//\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries