ch-scene - Muhammad Ali

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Muhammad Ali
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:00:30 -0500

Hey, so I'm trying to track down this song:

"Muhammad... Muhammad Ali / He floats like a butterfly, and stings like a bee / Muhammad... the black Superman / He calls to the other guy, I'm Ali... catch me if you can"

I heard it on WXYC a while back and it sounded for all the world like Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam, but I can't find any references to that song on-line, beyond a couple of people of wondering out loud about it. Who actually did it? What's it called? Album?

Thanks!
Chris