ch-scene - CHAZ's BULL CITY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ansmithers AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: CHAZ's BULL CITY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND
  • Date: 9 Nov 2006 09:15:40 -0800

Hello,
sorry for the long message,
but there is a lot going on on Friday, and I would like to go to lots
of the shows, Chuck Johnson and Charalambides at Nightlight especially,
or the Audobahn Park CD release....

but In the Year of the Pig is playing a show that is part of Chaz's
Bull City Records anniversary and we think it is great how supportive
he has been of local music and and we would like you to come and make
friends, PLUS, it is the Maple Stave CD Release party, PLUS, it is in
Durham at Jo and Jo's, PLUS, we will have a special guest....,

next to Karp and Gus Cannon, the SPECIAL GUEST is one of In the YEar of
the Pig's greatest musical heroes....and because I want you to come I
will tell you that it is Dave Cantwell (of too many bands and super
greatness I need not expound further) so needless to say this is going
to be so enjoyable and probably even louder. Oh for joy! First let us
tell you a story.

There is a record store in Durham,

it is one year old,
it was built by a beardo named Chaz,
it is Chaz's Bull City Records,

Chaz likes music,
Chaz likes live music,
Chaz likes a live music community,

he has shows at his store,
he has really great shows at his store,
he has really great shows that are free and ask for donations and
everyone has a nice time and is good friends and such even though there
was too much drinking and causing some of a mess and then hardcore
broke his floor (literally, a hardcore show went through the floor)

We like Chaz.

won't you come and say happy birthday and have a nice time too
probably?

BULL CITY RECORDS 1-YR BIRTHDAY PARTY WEEKEND:
*11/10 @ Joe & Jo's. 10pm.
Maple Stave (CD Release Party too!!)
Red Collar
In the Year of the Pig
*11/11 @ Bull City Records. 2pm-9pm.
All day long Birthday party combined with Wiggfest '06:
Wigg Report, Beloved Binge, Charles Latham, Jamie (solo Dom Casual),
Sean Murphy (solo Three Torches) and more, more, more.
Plus food and fun.

sincerely,
panda, bear, and fox and Dave Cantwell too even though he is not here
right now when we are writing but hopefully he won't be mad.