ch-scene - Re: portable recorders

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: portable recorders
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:10:46 -0800 (PST)

Good luck for $250 or less. Marantz makes a nice hard
disk recorder, but not in that price range. You can't
even get an Ipod with the recording feature for that
little. Go to sweetwater.com and check out the
products and then see if you can find a better deal,
although I recommend shopping at sweetwater.

--- "Koegler, Robert" <Koegler AT ncssm.edu> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> So, I want to get a portable recorder to record band
> rehearsals, shows
> (either from the mixing board or via a mic), and
> interviews. I'd like
> them to sound pretty good, so this means recording
> at a pretty good
> sampling rate, bit rate, whatever. What I'd prefer
> is an iPod that is
> set-up for recording but I don't want to try and
> hack an older one. Re:
> minidiscs--the older ones seem to require going
> Digital-Analog-Digital
> to get stuff onto the computer, and the newer
> fancier ones (Sony MZ100
> or MZM200) cost $300 and $400. The Edirol R09 costs
> $400. I know
> there's some other MP3 recorders out there like
> Archos, but I don't have
> enough info about them. It would be nice if I could
> also use it for
> other listening pleasure (like MP3's).
>

> So, if some of you have experience w/ any of this,
> let me know what you
> use and like. Thanks.
>

> Recap:
>
> Portable Digital Recorder
>
> Good sampling/bit rate
>
> Line in and Line out
>
> Easy to get stuff off and onto the computer w/out
> having to go
> Digital-Analog-Digital
>
> Good, intuitive interface
>
> Good battery life
>
> Maybe an internal mic preamp
>
> Could use as an MP3 player
>
> $250 or less
>

> -RK (first time caller, long time listener)
>
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
> alt.music.chapel-hill --

Sponsored Link

Free Uniden 5.8GHz Phone System with Packet8 Internet Phone Service
http://www.getpacket8.net/yahoo2