ch-scene - FS: SansAmp Classic $200, SansAmp GT2 $140

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: FS: SansAmp Classic $200, SansAmp GT2 $140
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:40:52 -0500

(Also posted to Craig's list.)

Hello, I am selling two Tech21 SansAmp, analog guitar direct recording pedals. These both can be used in front of a guitar amplifier as a preamp or as a direct recording interface. Perfect for rocking out in your bedroom without disturbing the family/roommates/neighbors. These are 100% analog emulations of tube guitar amplifiers--no digital modeling is involved.

The SansAmp Classic is the original pedal that started it all--largely handmade with 8 DIP switches controlling 8 different tonal characteristics, plus a choice of Lead, Normal, or Bass for preamp, for a total of 768 different combinations, not including the Drive, Presence and High controls. (The web page says "countless". Can marketing guys do math?) That's a lot of flexibility in one little box.

This pedal is in perfect working order. It has some scratches to the paint and is missing two screws that apparently aren't very important because I didn't even notice until I inspected it just now. I have the original manual. This sells for $280 new from Zzounds/Musician's Friend, etc... I am selling for $200.

More information, including sound samples, can be found here:

http://www.tech21nyc.com/classic.html

The SansAmp GT2 is the Classic's upstart younger brother. Whereas the classic, to me anyway, is better at lower gain bluesier tones, the GT2 is better at the high gain screaming lead type stuff. (Both pedals claim to do both--these are just my personal impressions.) This has a few less sonic options than the classic but the controls are simpler to understand and easier to get to. Both can sound pretty darn good for different things.

This pedal is in perfect working order with barely even a scratch. I have the original manual. This sells for $190 from Zzounds/Musician's Friend/etc... I am selling for $140.

More information, including sound samples, can be found here:

http://www.tech21nyc.com/gt2.html

I just got finished testing these pedals with some headphones and ended up having a lot more fun with them than I really should have. Buy these quick, before I change my mind and decide to keep them.

With either pedal, I'll hang on to your money for a week or so. If you don't like it, just return it that week and I'll give you your money back.

chris
--
http://spacelabstudio.com
my email address is 'chris' at above domain

  • FS: SansAmp Classic $200, SansAmp GT2 $140, Chris Rossi, 11/05/2006