ch-scene - Local 506 - Music Trivia - Wednesday Edition

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <glennscottboothe AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 - Music Trivia - Wednesday Edition
  • Date: 31 Oct 2006 14:45:00 -0800

Just like 60 Minutes, we're trying Music Trivia Night on Wednesday of
this week as the first Sunday is booked with touring act Witchcraft
(who haven't cancelled, by the way.) We will return to our 1st & 3rd
Sunday's later in the month on Sunday, November 19th.

So, if you're not going to CMJ but still consider yourself a fan music,
then we'd love to have you come out this Wednesday at 8pm, although
Doors open at 7:30pm and we start playing the background music which
always factors into a question (or four!)

Last week's theme: Songs that include the album title in the lyrics,
but are not song-titles. Acute listeners picked up the clues is such
songs as...

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nevermind
Pink Floyd - Brain Damage - Dark Side of the Moon
Public Enemy - Party For Your Right to Fight - It Takes a Nation of
Millions to Hold Us Back
Elvis Costello - Alison - My Aim is True
U2 - Walk On - All That You Can't Leave Behind

See, not that tough.

As always, the Carolina Brewery draft is $3 bucks and, as if you needed
more incentive, last weeks winners
(http://public.fotki.com/xlate/music_trivia/thewinnersoct15.html) will
be at the aformentioned CMJ convention, so we're looking to crown a new
champ.

Glenn

  • Local 506 - Music Trivia - Wednesday Edition, Glenn Boothe / Local 506, 10/31/2006