ch-scene - November 1st @ King's - Modern Machines, Pink Razors, Ringers, Crossed Eyes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "chaz" <bullcityrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: November 1st @ King's - Modern Machines, Pink Razors, Ringers, Crossed Eyes
  • Date: 31 Oct 2006 13:05:47 -0800

Hey guys!
King's was sweet enough to let me book a show into their fine
establishment. I'm pretty psyched about this one! C'mon out, there will
be no disappointments.

I know tonight is Halloween and many of you are going out, but what
better way to scare off the spiders and cobwebs left in our heads
tomorrow than by going to a show!

Most of these bands are on their way home from playing the No Idea
Records Fest down in Gainesville, Florida. Most of these bands are also
my favorite touring bands of these very days. No lie! I really really
really like these bands and am honored to be putting a show together
for them.

The line-up:

MODERN MACHINES (http://www.myspace.com/modernmachines)
Husker Du-esque punk/powerpop outta Milwaukee. Albums out on Recess and
Dirtnap Records among others. Played the shop before and killed. Great
guys too! I really dig these guys and hope to see them get a good
following.

PINK RAZORS (http://www.myspace.com/pinkrazors)
Crazy amazing Screeching Weasel style punk/pop outta Richmond. They
followed The Ergs on Saturday night in Gainesville with a scorching,
fun set. They've played the shop a couple of times, the last of which
was with the Marked Men. Each time they've one-upped themselves!

RINGERS (http://www.1234gorecords.com/cat13.html)
The Ringers are a perfect punk band for today. Fun, gruff-vocalled and
melodic, they play an amazing style of fist-raised, chorus-friendly
punk rock. They're on their way back up to Boston where one of them
owns a record/tattoo shop! Yup! I like these guys! They're new album is
easily one of my favorite of the year. I've been wanting to see these
guys for about 6 months!

CROSSED EYES (http://www.myspace.com/crossedeyesnc)
The Crossed Eyes are Raleigh's Street Sharks without Joel, their
gut-throated singer. They play in a little bit of a more melodic style
with a couple more hooks tossed in. They've been heading in a good
direction since they started this summer, so I'm psyched to check out
where they stand now. Should be a blast! Always a party when these guys
get together.

The Deal:

King's Barcade.
November 1st.