ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[10.3]Oct06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[10.3]Oct06
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:00:51 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 10/18 - Intro - Spring and fall are still snuggled up
right before it's dark at the drop of 5. To the cafe's patio. New and aged
sounds in broken beat, downtempo, electic and house. Music by Keith. 8ish
to 11ish Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh -
www.myspace.com/keithmward

Thursday - 10/19 - 10/21 - Amsterdam Dance Event - It's called the world's
biggest club festival and while others may have their perspliffically good
reasons for going, this is all about the music. It's Europe's Winter Music
Conference, sans beach n' bikini, yet consistent with top flight music from
djs and live artists as well as useful industry workshops and of course the
frighteningly frequent 'Oh, you're a dj too?' type chats. Oooooooo, and the
parties. www.amsterdamdanceevent.nl

Thursday - 10/19 - Daliami meets the Lion King - Afterparty for cast and
friends of the Lion King theater production. Live percussion and video.
10p. Music by Keith. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St., Midtown Raleigh -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Friday - 10/20 to 11/4 - Design Expo Raleigh - This one is kind of big
deal, so pay attention. Off the heels of SparkCon, for two weeks creative
force again sponges up attention downtown where more than 60 projects of
various design will be on exhibit. Friday is the opening gala with music by
dJ Reed from 8-11p. On Saturday, works are displayed and merchandise is on
sale for the Designer's Market at Moore Square. Main exhibit space, 319 W.
Martin St, Downtown Raleigh - www.dxraleigh.com

Friday and Saturday - 10/20 & 10/21 - Gran Reserva and Douga Douga - You
can call it international if you want to. Moroccan, sexy, cosmopolitan, what
Raleigh needs, blah blah blah. It's really just a lounge with music, a bar,
some people. But such really good one! 10ish to 2ish. Music by Feinberg
(Friday) and Keith (Saturday). Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St, Midtown Raleigh -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Also happening:
Wed - 10/18 - Primera Latin Jazz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Wed - 10/18 - J.Sonel (downtempo/house) @ Caffe Driade (Chapel Hill)
Wed - 10/18 - Mescalina Absinthe Night w/dJ Marco @ Alibi (Raleigh) -
http://myspace.com/alibibar
Thu - 10/19 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 10/19- The Return...dJs Joe Bunn & Mark T @ The Dirty (Raleigh)
Thu - 10/19 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 10/19 - Electronic Bliss (electronic) @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.myspace.com/nclounge
Thu - 10/19 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Fri - 10/20 - Electrosole w/Keith (downtempo/house) 6-10 @ Redroom
(Raleigh)
Fri - 10/20 - I-Mambo Latin Party @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.i-mambo.net
Fri - 10/20 - Silvaback 30th Bday (electronic/house) @ Siren's Lounge
(Durham)
Fri - 10/20 - Musiquarium w/Mark T (old/new shool hiphop) @ Dirty
(Raleigh)
Fri - 10/20 - Do Some Time with Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime
(Raleigh)
Sat - 10/21 - Costamundo w/Keith (lounge int’l), 6-10 @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Sat - 10/21 - Zombie Nation FAME w/LeMoore & Pickering @ Ringside (Durham)
Sat - 10/21 - Sexy Saturday's w/Mark T (hiphop/R&B) @ Dirty (Raleigh)
Sat - 10/21 - Mediterranean\Euro Party @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.nclounge.com
Sat - 10/21 - Most Wanted w/S.O.S & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar
Crime (Raleigh)
Sat - 10/21 - Mutemath @ Cats Cradle (Carrboro) - www.myspace.com/mutemath
Sat - 10/21 - Audible/Visible: Night of Electronic Music & Abstract Art @
Nightlight (Chapel Hill) - www.nightlight.dyss.net & www.brokenfadercartel.com
Sat - 10/21 - dJ Three & guests @ Aries (Raleigh) - www.audiohabit.com &
www.aries-lounge.com
Sun - 10/22 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel
Hill)
Sun - 10/22 - Blackout Sunday w/Mike @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Mon - 10/23 - CoCo do Mundo w/Keith (int’l) 7-11p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Mon - 10/23 - Grant Haze & Q (live acoustics) @ Blue Martini (Raleigh) -
www.granthaze.com
Tue - 10/24 - dJ Mooney (lounge) @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Tue - 10/24 - ElectroBistro w/dJs M.Maerk, guests (electronic) @ Fuse
(Chapel Hill)
Tue - 10/24 - Soul Psychedelique @ Oliver Twist (Raleigh)
-www.myspace.com/soulpsychedelique
Tue - 10/24 - Green Room (variety show) @ Hi5 (Raleigh)
Tue - 10/24 - Tequila Tuesdays w/SOS @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Of Interest:
Art: Picasso and American Art @ The Whitney (NYC) - www.whitney.org
Monet In Normandy @ NC Museum of Art (Raleigh) -
www.ncartmuseum.org/monet
Books: Bling, The HipHop Jewelry Book - www.blingbook.com
Internet Radio: www.radio48.com
Music: XR 2 - MIA -
http://cache.idolator.com/assets/resources/mp3/mia_xr2.mp3
The No Comprendo w/Prince Language -
http://www.myspace.com/princelanguage
Chandalismo Ilustrado - Gecko Turner - www.geckoturner.com
Peel Sessions/Siousie & The Banshees -
http://siouxsie.trinitystreetdirect.com
Camino del Sol - Antena
29 Calls - The Locust - www.sonarkollektiv.de
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thegoodthebadandthequeen
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BtNN6M97q8

All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done
faster.