ch-scene - Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Monster Truck... I mean, Music Trivia at Local 506!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Phil Hammond" <xlate AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Monster Truck... I mean, Music Trivia at Local 506!
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:50:11 GMT

Bar snacks, $3 draft beers, objections from the floor as to what constitutes
a "New York Artist". Yes, just another typical night at Local 506 Music
Trivia, and we'll be having another one this Sunday, October 1st, at or
around 8PM. The competition has intensified recently, with a couple of new
teams (including a 2-person team who did better than most 4-person teams)
looking to dethrone The No Wave Hookers and Team Sparks. Nevertheless, Team
Sparks regained the crown on September 17th (photo here:
http://public.fotki.com/xlate/music_trivia/the_winners_sep_17.html), but
it's anybody's game this Sunday.

For those of you who haven't made it out to Trivia Night yet, here are a few
recent questions (not including our audio and visual rounds):

1. David St. Hubbins and Derek Smalls, who are members of what band, have
stated that they are planning a musical called "Saucy Jack", which is based
on the life of Jack The Ripper?
2. What group's 1985 hit "Night Shift" is a tribute to the late Jackie
Wilson and Marvin Gaye?
3. What artist, sometimes referred to as the Jewish Elvis, released the
album "September Morn" and a song of the same name in 1979?
4. According to Billboard's Boxscore, the top three grossing concerts last
week were all of this genre of music?
5. What jazz legend known for such classic songs as "Round Midnight" and
"Well You Needn't" was born in Rocky Mount in 1917?
(answers below)

1. Spinal Tap
2. The Commodores
3. Neil Diamond
4. Country
5. Thelonius Monk

  • Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Monster Truck... I mean, Music Trivia at Local 506!, Phil Hammond, 09/29/2006