ch-scene - The Station Myth

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Micah Whitson <mwhitson AT mckinney-silver.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: The Station Myth
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:41:18 -0400

Tommy.

I actually was able to see these guys play at Arlene¹s Grocery in NYC. Quite
impressed to see what they were able to pull off live. They have to
compensate for some of the lost processing ability, but are able to recoup
what was lost in recording by rocking hard. Kind of the way Radiohead does.
Sometimes their sound could be boring live, cause it is so layered and tough
to recreate, but they simply put on an amazing show. I¹m biased (I grew up
with the drummer in the rolling hills of northern Alabama) , but I would say
it will be way worth it to go check them out. Hope to see you there.

Micah

MCKINNEY /