ch-scene - Local 506 Music Trivia - Sunday, September 17th - 8pm

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: coolfishing AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 Music Trivia - Sunday, September 17th - 8pm
  • Date: 15 Sep 2006 11:53:10 -0700

A reminder about Music Trivia this Sunday, September 17th. Starts at
8pm and is usually over by 10pm.

Last week was actually the best turn-out yet, which led to the most
competitive night as each round was won by a different team. Alas, the
come from behind winners were these guys who you probably recognize
from their current winning streak -
http://public.fotki.com/xlate/music_trivia/the_winners_september_3.html.
Heck, these guys even missed the first two questions that we asked,
and still won, so if you know these two questions, then you're
probably ripe to at least win a free round for your team (which can be
up to four players)

1. The song "September" is on one of this artist's 8 albums that
have been released since 2000?
2. This band's song "September" was not featured on any of their
studio albums, but instead was the only new song on their "Best Of,
Vol. 1", which came out in 1979.

In fact, last week the Daily Tar Heel wrote about the trivia night as
the cover story of their entertainment section, Diversions. You can
read that here: http://tinyurl.com/ncqaw

Here's the details:
Starts at 8pm (normally over by 10pm)
Doors open at 7:30pm (we start the background music when the first
person arrives, and the music itself will become a question.
Carolina Brewery Beer is cheap!
Prizes: Round of Beer for the team that wins each round - Free
tickets to Local 506 show for the overall winners

Hope to see you.

glenn

P.S. Theanswersareryanadamsandearthwindandfire

  • Local 506 Music Trivia - Sunday, September 17th - 8pm, coolfishing, 09/15/2006