ch-scene - Re: Re: Force Majeure and other stories

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "country marxist" <countrymarxist AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Force Majeure and other stories
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:50:03 -0500

That's hilarious -- "Force Majeure" has been #1 on the short list of
titles for our (Chef Menteur's) next album since, well, dealing with
insurance companies over our Katrina claims. Seemed a perfect fit,
since it's French (like our band's name), has multiple meansings (like
our band's name), and the band has gotten much heavier as of late, and
of course the reference both to Acts of God/Nature, and the Insurance
bit... I had no idea that it was a Tangerine Dream album though.
That's not necessarily a mark against it. It does sound a little
pompous, though.