ch-scene - Re: Sufjan Stevens !@#!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Grealey <kgrealey AT mckinney-silver.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Sufjan Stevens !@#!!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:45:43 -0400

Ticketmaster, right?
When I was able to get Waits tickets I did it by using the computer
automated phone line of Ticketmaster. The deal is, if something fucks up,
there is no human-contact alternative. While I was on the phone, I was also
on my computer trying it online style. The computer click through was slow.
But in less than 6 minutes over the phone I had two tickets in the 17th row.
My friend, who was just on the computer kept timing out and all sorts of
shit. Never did get tickets. Poor fucker.

> From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:37:25 -0400
> To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
> Subject: Re: Sufjan Stevens !@#!!
>
> I was able to buy a really good pair this morning, so they didn't sell
> all of them to students. But there was a Sufjan fan club presale, then
> the UNC student sale, and the place only holds about 1,000. Then you
> factor in the arseholes who are already selling them on craigslist and
> eBay for 4X face value. I guess next time he will play Walnut Creek.
>
> jsw wrote:
>
>> I wish I could have gotten a ticket to see Sufjan Stevens. I wondered
>> why UNC students got to buy them four days before the general public.
>> Now I wonder why they were allowed to buy them *all*!
>>
>> I called Memorial Hall and they said "on sale to the general public 10
>> am August 28th." So, I got on etix at 9:58 and hit refresh until the
>> "buy now" button popped up. But it didn't - instead I got a SOLD OUT
>> red bar.
>>
>> WTF?! I called both Memorial and The Cradle and both blamed the other.
>> Whose brilliant idea was it to not allow the general public an
>> opportunity to buy a ticket? Why not put all the tickets on etix at
>> once? This sucks.
>> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --
>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene

MCKINNEY /