ch-scene - Re: Sufjan Stevens !@#!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Sufjan Stevens !@#!!
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:37:25 -0400

I was able to buy a really good pair this morning, so they didn't sell all of them to students. But there was a Sufjan fan club presale, then the UNC student sale, and the place only holds about 1,000. Then you factor in the arseholes who are already selling them on craigslist and eBay for 4X face value. I guess next time he will play Walnut Creek.

jsw wrote:

I wish I could have gotten a ticket to see Sufjan Stevens. I wondered why UNC students got to buy them four days before the general public. Now I wonder why they were allowed to buy them *all*!

I called Memorial Hall and they said "on sale to the general public 10 am August 28th." So, I got on etix at 9:58 and hit refresh until the "buy now" button popped up. But it didn't - instead I got a SOLD OUT red bar.

WTF?! I called both Memorial and The Cradle and both blamed the other. Whose brilliant idea was it to not allow the general public an opportunity to buy a ticket? Why not put all the tickets on etix at once? This sucks.