ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[8.1]Aug06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[8.1]Aug06
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 8/2 - Intro - Cd vs. vinyl. Digital
vs. analogue. Lasers vs. transducers. The debate plays out in downtempo,
eclectics, broken beat and house. Music by Keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413
Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Thursday - 8/3 - Daliami - On Little Friday in Raleigh, the jeunesse dorée
exercise collective maneuvers in the strip’s fashionable contemporary saloon.
9p-1a. Music Afrabical and international by Keith. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones
St., Midtown Raleigh - www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Friday - 8/4 - Salif Keita - Music is everybody’s name the man from Mali
says. And even though you don’t understand the lyrics, the translation in
sound is still delivered beautifully. 8p. Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge
Rd, Raleigh - http://ncartmuseum.org/events/summerconcert.shtml#keitaanchor

Saturday - 8/5 - We All Love House - The WALH party finds a new home in the
tasty space of Mosaic. Deep, jazzy, soulful for those who like to get down
house music by Feinberg and Keith. 10p. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St, Midtown
Raleigh - www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Saturday - 8/5 - Deja Vu - It’s another all-about-house-music weekend.
Glamoore Productions presents sweat in the city for this monthly downtown
event. Dancefloor soundtrack by LeMoore and company. 10p. Kulture, 430 S.
Dawson, Downtown Raleigh

Triangle Transit Petition: Most of us are aware or have been part of the
ongoing growth pains that Raleigh endures with traffic, construction, central
living, etc. Now it’s time to help decide how central and urban our living
becomes. Along with proper transit and walkable areas, here’s your chance
to move closer to stepping onto a train.
http://www.transittime.com/reds/how.html

Also happening:
Wed - 8/2 - Remix Project @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh) -
www.theremixproject.com
Wed - 8/3 - Honey Machine w/dJ Marco @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.solidsoundsystem.com
Thu - 8/3 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 8/3 - Trainwreck Thursdays (Open decks for djs) @ Aries (Raleigh) -
www.arieslounge.com
Thu - 8/3 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 8/3 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 8/3 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Fri - 8/4 - Elektrosole w/Keith, 6-10 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 8/4 - Douga Douga w/Keith (Latin, Intl & house) @ Mosaic (Raleigh)
- www.mosaicwinelounge.com
Fri - 8/4 - Mosadi Music @ West Village Courtyard (Durham) –-
www.mosadimusic.com
Fri - 8/4 - Do Some Time with Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime
(Raleigh)
Fri - 8/4 - First Friday Latin Night @ Spice Street (Chapel Hill) -
www.trianglefiesta.com
Fri - 8/4 - Remix Project w/dJ Triple B @ Hi5 (Raleigh) - www.ther
emixproject.com
Sat - 8/5 - Festival Ritmo Latino @ Koka Booth Amphitheatre (Cary) -
www.boothamphitheatre.com

Sat - 8/5 - Costamundo w/Keith @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Sat - 8/5 - Mosadi Music w/DJ Williams Projekt @ Pour House (Raleigh) -
www.the-pour-hosue.com
Sat - 8/5 - Mary J. Blige @ Alltel Pavilion (Raleigh) - www
Sat - 8/5 - Mark Farina -
http://www.third-eye.info/images/2006/farinaeflyer.jpg
Sat - 8/5 - Most Wanted with S.O.S & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar
Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 8/6 - Neu Romance (soul/jazz/electronic w/djs) @ Kings (Raleigh)
Sun - 8/6 - Blackout Sunday w/Mike @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 8/6 - Fiona Apple @ Koka Booth Amphitheatre (Cary) -
www.fiona-apple.com
Sun - 8/6 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill)
Mon - 8/7 - CoCo do Mundo w/Keith, 7-11p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Mon - 8/7 - Monday Service Industry Night w/dJ Castro and friends @
Riviera (Raleigh) - www.rivieraresto.com
Tue - 8/8 - Variations in House w/Feinberg, 7-11p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Tue - 8/8 - Jazz at Bogart’s w/J.Sonel, 7-11p @ Bogart’s (Raleigh) -
www.solidsoundsystem.com
Tue - 8/8 - ElectroBistro w/dJs M.Maerk, guests (electronic) @ Fuse
(Chapel Hill)
Tue - 8/8 - Green Room (variety show) @ Hi5 (Raleigh)
Tue - 8/8 - Tequila Tuesdays w/SOS @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Of Interest:
Art: www.lendavis.com
Dance: http://www.heraldsun.com/orange/10-756016.html
Music: Mall Flowers - Gus Gus - http://myspace.com/gusgus
New Tones - Nomo
Paradizo mixed by Nicolas Matar & Willie Graf -
http://shop.cieloclub.com/store/product.php?productid=2
Echo Chamber EP - Thomas Blondet - www.myspace.com/djtomb
Zidane World Cup song:
http://www.koreus.com/media/zidane-coup-boule-mix.html