ch-scene - Jerry Garcia's 64th Birthday Celebration

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "the_grate_went" <uncyjohn AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Jerry Garcia's 64th Birthday Celebration
  • Date: 24 Jul 2006 10:19:16 -0700

Jerry Garcia's 64th Birthday Celebration

w/ Blake Tedder and Friends (blaketedder.com)
Shorty's Bar & Grill (504 W Franklin - next to Local 506)
Chapel Hill, NC
Fri 7/28 @ 10p
18+

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if
you look at it right."

That was his life. His light, unmistakably brilliant shone when Jerome
John Garcia, a folk and bluegrass singer from San Francisco became the
defacto leader of both the most successful touring band in American
history, the Grateful Dead, and the counter-culture of the sixties. His
influence is timeless, and we will celebrate his life. Dark Star would
be 64 on August 1st, 2006, and we'll party with bells on.
With a lo0o0ng all acoustic set of Jerry's favorite tunes. We'll
have decorations and make a couple drink specials. It will certainly be
a night to remember. Tell your friends and clear their schedules and
come ready to sing a long.
The line up is currently featuring: Blake Tedder and Genna Suggs (of
CH), Rob Lenfestey, Parker Shields and Josh Shepherd (of Boone)

visit blaketedder.com for more info....

  • Jerry Garcia's 64th Birthday Celebration, the_grate_went, 07/24/2006