ch-scene - Re: new backporch revolution release: liteworks

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: new backporch revolution release: liteworks
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:09:35 -0500

I'm sorry, but why don't you take your Crescent City, Big Sleazy, degenerate bullshit and keep it to yourself, drunk. I, for one, am sick to death of hearing about New Orleans. NewOrleansNewOrleansNewOrleans. Like I'm supposed to feel so f-ing sorry for you because you chose to bring death and destruction upon yourself with your sinning and your poor understanding of the term "sea level." I'm supposed to feel so sorry for you that not only do I have to watch my God-given and righteous American dollars stolen from me through taxes and handed over to you (money that will no doubt reach you while you're lying face down in the gutter dreaming of con games, vampires, and diddling people not your spouse), I'm supposed to buy your petit-pinko CD? Did you think it would escape my attention that "liteworks" is an anagram for "elites work"? Let me tell you something, Mr. Lenin, in this country the elites do not work, and we're damned proud of it. Otherwise, the terrorists win. Which I suppose would be all right with you, down there stewing in your Franco-Voodoo Sodom.

That said, do I go to the website to order the CD? And congratulations on putting the CD out and keeping the Backporch Revolution, which ch-scenesters should remember fondly, rolling along. Trotsky.

p.s. Ch-scenesters should also note that Alec and his various bandmates in Chef Menteur have been making great music down here, really pushing boundaries, and that they're set to perform at the famous Circle Bar on the anniversary of the hurricane. If any of you all want an excuse to come down here, think of coming down for the August 29th show, I would highly recommend it.