ch-scene - Re: Shows coming up on Friday, Sunday and Tuesday!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Midtown Dickens" <midtowndickens AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Shows coming up on Friday, Sunday and Tuesday!!
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:06:05 -0400

just remember chaz-tastic.

if you ever need a band to fill an opening, we're yours. yow!

On 19 Jul 2006 12:53:56 -0700, chaz <bullcityrocks AT gmail.com> wrote:

The summer is still runnin strong here at Bull City Records.
We've got some amazing touring bands coming through town, so be sure
not to miss out!!

- all ages -
- no alcohol -
- bring 3-5 bucks for touring bands -

[FRIDAY, JULY 21ST 9pm]
Wolverines
(hip-shakin', booty-breakin' spazzrock outta Greensboro)
Toru Okada
(mid-90s emo, before it became a bad word. Last Tour Ever!)
Architects
(members of Toru with a penchant for Pg.99 & Majority Rules)
Dialogues
(Va dudes playin in the vein of Stop It!)
Screaming Females
(Jim Testa's favorite new band. Rock'n'Roll.)
(accidental double booking reveals a killer show!)

[SUNDAY, JULY 23RD 9pm]
The Functional Blackouts
(chicago garage punk feedback freakout)
Sneaky Pinks
(tucson Ramones-fueled garage-punk)
Dry Heathens
(go to their page. listen to Sociopath. now. floor-bound rock.)

There's no reason why the Functional Blackouts and the Sneaky Pinks
chose to play the store. They contacted me! These are two of the best
garage bands out there right now! This is gonna be one hell of show,
seriously not to miss.

Don't forget Jaguaro, Chamomile and Joe Jitsu on Tuesday night!!

See ya out!