ch-scene - Re: i killed syd barrett

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "zeno" <zenopox AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: i killed syd barrett
  • Date: 12 Jul 2006 11:36:12 -0700

yes. my hapless victims must be already dead, but the public can't yet
know about their deaths. maybe i'm more of a psychic than a murderer. a
psychic retroactive manslaughterer.

after i had already killed syd, i cited "meddle" as my second favorite,
but syd barrett's songs are impossibly good. he's one of my all-time
favorite song-writers and musicians. if i hadn't mentioned patgod, he'd
still be riding a bike in cambridge.

of course i love "london calling," but i didn't kill joe strummer. the
offspring did that.

i'm worried about ray davies, now that john lennon and syd barrett are
gone.

-zzz