ch-scene - Re: Burrito Bunker sold

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: nateokeefe AT hotmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Burrito Bunker sold
  • Date: 10 Jul 2006 10:46:53 -0700

pixellate AT gmail.com wrote:
> Sorry, I know this is off topic. Just wanted to get the word out that
> the Burrito Bunker has been sold. It is pretty sad. Hans does not
> know what the new owner will do with the place.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/jen/131996250/

While we're off-topic in the domain of Mexican food eateries, after
years of amc-h enthusiasm for gems like taqueria mi pueblo, fiesta
grill, cuscatleco, etc, I thought a new Durham place called Tonali
might be worth a mention. It's already gotten some good chatter over
in triangle.dining. It's on Shannon Rd, by the Post Office, around the
corner from Harris Teeter and Wynnsong movie theater.

Plate of 3 delicious fish tacos for $5.95. On the whole, the limited
menu is slightly gourmet-ified Mexican food with local ingredients and
prices that somehow are very very low.

It will not replace Burrito Bunker, but maybe in some small way it will
help with the grief...