ch-scene - FS: Wylo Overtron

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: FS: Wylo Overtron
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:03:13 -0400

I am selling a lovingly handmade guitar pedal made by local tone guru, Glen Wyllie. Although best known for his outrageous fuzz pedals, the Overtron is his overdrive pedal. It's switchable between two modes, one that is more crunchy, and another mode that is smoother that boosts the bottom end somewhat.

I've owned the pedal for 6 months and it is in like new condition. It costs $200 new. I'm looking to get around $180 for it. This is a made by hand masterpiece. These things don't really depreciate. I will consider trades for other pedals, musical instruments, amplifiers, recording gear, etc...

I am selling it because I've realized that what I really want is something more akin to a clean boost with some drive to it. This pedal sounds good but it's more drastic than what I had anticipated. Most people like it, it's just not what I was looking for.

Finn, from the Nein, loves his Overtron and says that he just leaves it on all the time for his base guitar sound. Another friend sold all of his other overdrive pedals after getting this one.

You're welcome to come over and try it out if you think you might be interested.

Thanks,
Chris

http://home.mindspring.com/~wylo/
http://www.tonefrenzy.com/store/OVERTRON.html
--
http://spacelabstudio.com
my email address is 'chris' at above domain

  • FS: Wylo Overtron, Chris Rossi, 06/22/2006