ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[6.3]June06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[6.3]June06
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:32:44 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 6/21 - Intro: Return to Ibiza - Summer starts
on the patio! Meanwhile, Feinberg prepares for an actual return to la isla
blanca and tempts us with a tasty beach hotel blend of Ibiza chill, balearic,
downtempo, and bikini house. Also with ‘Wishing he were there’ grooves by
Keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Tuesday - 6/27 - Jazz at Bogart’s - All jazz. All vinyl. Makes Miles
smile. In between scowl. Music by dJ Marco. 7-11p. Bogart’s, 510
Glenwood, Midtown Raleigh - www.solidsoundsystem.com

Of nocturnal note: Riveria has arrived to downtown Raleigh. What this
means are bottles and bottles of Spanish, Italian and French wines, breezy,
easy grooves moving into a late night thump on the weekends, World Cup, beer
made by monks (you know, the stronger stuff), some of the best hummus around
(sorry Neomonde) and not to mention extraordinarily flavorful eats (fresh
ingredients) priced to leave the debit card relatively cool and safe. Rivera
is located at 135 S. Wilmington Street between Hargett and Morgan streets -
www.rivieraresto.com

Also bubbling to the surface is Mosaic, a lounge aesthetically crafted to
embody a Moroccan feel for life, love and music. This place is definitely
one of the most unique grottos for lounge and leisure to behold in these
Triangle parts. The test? When you arrive, you’ll be sure not to feel like
you’re in Raleigh. And wink at the bellydancer. Look for the grand opening
coming soon. Mosaic is located at 517 W. Jones Street, Midtown Raleigh -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Also happening:
Wed - 6/21 - Live band @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Wed - 6/21 - Honey Machine w/dJ Marco @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
http://myspace.com/talullas
Thu - 6/22 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/22 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 6/22 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/22 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Thu - 6/22 - Federal Soul w/dJ Marco @ Federal (Durham) -
www.thefederal.net
Fri - 6/23 - Elektrosole w/Keith, 6-10 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/23 - Remix Project w/dJ Triple B @ Hi5 (Raleigh) -
www.theremixproject.com
Fri - 6/23 - Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/23 - Federico Aubele @ 18th St Lounge (DC) -
www.rhythmandculture.com/flyers/fred.jpg
Sat - 6/24 - Shelter 15th Anniversary Dance Party @ Central Park (NYC) -
www.summerstage.org/index1.aspx?BD=19240
Sat - 6/24 - 2nd Annual Brooklyn HipHop Festival (Brooklyn, NY) -
www.brooklynbodega.com
Sat - 6/24 - Masala Beat Club w/dJs Marco & Mogambo @ Ringside (Durham)
Sat - 6/24 - S.O.S & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 6/25 - Metropolis (electic/house) w/Moca @ Rush (Raleigh)
Sun - 6/25 - Neu Romance w/Rhafiq Bhatia Jazz Trio & NR djs @ Kings
(Raleigh)
Sun - 6/25 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill)
Mon - 6/26 - CoCo do Mundo w/Keith (int'l lounge groove), 7-11p @ RedRoom
(Raleigh)
Mon - 6/26 - Soul Psychedelique @ Dive Bar (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/soulpsychedelique
Tue - 6/27 - Variations in House w/Keith @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/27 - Green Room (variety show) @ Hi5 (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/27 - Tequila Tuesdays w/Allwayz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/27 - ElectroBistro w/dJs M.Marek, guests (electronic) @ Fuse
(Chapel Hill)

Of Interest:
Music: Joshua’s Jam/Blaze - Louie Vega -
http://store.mastersatworkinc.com/lobljja.html
Bande a Part - Nouvelle Vague - www.nouvellevague.com
Interpretations EP 1 - King Britt - www.compost-records.com
Get Used To It - Brand New Heavies - www.brandnewheavies.net
A Tom Moulton Mix - www.souljazzrecords.co.uk
St. Elsehwere - Gnarls Barkley - www.gnarlsbarkley.com
Losing My Religion (Timmy Regisford remix) - REM
dJ Swingsett - www.myspace.com/swingsett
World Cup Football: www.fifaworldcup.com

On women in L.A.: "...it's like somebody took America by the East Coast,
and shook it, and all the normal girls managed to hang on." From Kiss Kiss
Bang Bang movie.

Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.