ch-scene - Re: World Cup / Raleigh / Cary

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: World Cup / Raleigh / Cary
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:31:03 GMT

Kevin Grealey wrote:

>> From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
>> To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
>> Subject: Re: World Cup / Raleigh / Cary
>>
>> Chris Rossi wrote:
>>
>>> This is maybe a bit of a weird question, but I'm going to be in Cary
>>> at 10am tomorrow. I was thinking I might try to catch some World
>>> Cup action somewhere. Anybody know a place in the Raleigh/RTP/Cary
>>> nexus that might be showing both games at once? You just can't make
>>> me pick between USA and Italy.
>>>
>>> chris
>>> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --
>>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene
>>>

>> There is a cool new sportsbar on Hillsborough St. right across from
>> Merideth. The owner's Irish so he will undoubtedly be
>> football-friendly.
>>
>> I don't get over to Cary very often, so I don't know much about that
>> particular suburban wasteland.
>> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --
>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene
>

> MCKINNEY /
>

> A new sportsbar in Raleigh that I don't know about? Impossible!
>
> p.s.
> What's it called?

It's Play Makers. I couldn't remember the name and posted before I found
out. Another one to consider is the Ale House in Cameron Villiage. It
has a vast profusion of television sets, and some reasonably good beers
on tap. They might have a Highlander variety (but I could be thinking
Mellow Mushroom).