ch-scene - outdoor house concert saturday near chicken bridge

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeff Hart" <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: outdoor house concert saturday near chicken bridge
  • Date: 31 May 2006 14:17:22 -0700

rock rest amphitheatre in central chatham county is hosting its
inaugural show in a new music series this saturday june 3rd at 7:00pm.

from a durham herald-sun article regarding the series:

"The Brown Mountain Lights will kick off the summer series with
their blend of "western-influenced twang pop and lonesome love songs."
The concerts are open to the public, but reservations are required. In
fact, Wilfert won't tell you how to get to the amphitheater until
you've told her you're coming.

"We're south of Chicken Bridge Road on the other side of the Haw,"
was her cryptic description of the amphitheater's location. But she has
good reason to be vague. While the number of people who can sit on the
stone seats and outside on the grass is almost limitless, she can only
accommodate 50 parked cars.

Once you have made your reservation, Wilfert said, you can feel free
to show up with blankets, chairs or even a picnic dinner. A $10
donation is requested, Wilfert said. She uses the money to pay the
artists and expenses.

"We are conscientious that the reason our neighbors moved here is
the same reason we moved to the country," she said. "Because it's
peaceful and quiet."
http://www.heraldsun.com/orange/10-739364.html

email rockrest AT mindspring.com. suggested donation per seat is $10
payable in cash or check (no credit cards) at the performance. kids
under 12 free. they will send you directions and details when you
reserve your seat.

more info at http://www.rockrestlive.com/
http://www.myspace.com/brownmountainlights

also, the same day (sat june 3rd) jeff hart hart the ruins will
play millstock, the free arts festival in downtown clayton. music
begins at 11am, the ruins are at noon. more info at
http://www.thecoffeemill.com

  • outdoor house concert saturday near chicken bridge, Jeff Hart, 05/31/2006