ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[6.1]June06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[6.1]June06
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 5/31 - Intro - Featuring Matthew Herbert, the
Governor of Glenwood and at least 1 one of the 91 people per day moving to
Wake County. Broken beat, house, eclectics and downtempo. Music by Keith.
9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Friday - 6/1 - First Friday - Midtown art shimmy at the Glenwoodville
epicenter with works on display by L.A. bound painter Raleigh LaRoche and
artist Bart Cusick. Boom bap (music) by Maximillian. 7p. Helios, 413
Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Saturday - 6/2 - We All Love House - This is the flyer free Word of mouth
tell ya’ mama sista brotha too event of get down house music funkiness. With
dJs Reed, Mocha and Keith. 10p-3a. Aries, 400 W. Morgan St., Downtown
Raleigh

Saturday - 6/2 - Deja Vu: Glamoore Productions monthly party sets up the
weekend for a bumpin' downtown soundtrack. House music with dJs LeMoore,
Rosseau and guest Noetic. Kulture, 430 S. Dawson St, Downtown Raleigh
-www.glamooreproductions.com & http://www.kulture.us

Sunday - 6/3 - Metropolis - A big name for a new night. Fresh air for the
occasionally predictable musical agenda on the strip. Expect deep soulful
house on the tech. With _Mocha and guest dJ Reed. Rush, 407 Glenwood Ave,
Midtown Raleigh

Also happening:
Wed - 5/31 - Absinthe Night w/dJ Marco (tentative) @ Alibi (Raleigh) -
http://www.myspace.com/alibibar
Wed - 5/31 - Chris Boerner Quartet @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/1 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/1 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 6/1 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/1 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Thu - 6/1 - Afronaught(BugzInTheAttic) @ Cielo (NYC) -
www.cieloclub.com/flyer/2006/may/bugz/
Fri - 6/2 - Elektrosole w/Keith, 6-10 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/2 - First Friday Art Opening, works by Andre Leon Gray @
Litmus Studios (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/2 - NC Lounge International Party @ Talullas (Durham) -
www.talullas.com & www.myspace.com/nclounge
Fri - 6/2 - First Friday Latin Night @ Spice Street (Chapel Hill) -
www.trianglefiesta.com
Fri - 6/2 - Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sat - 6/3 - Blake @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Sat - 6/3 - S.O.S & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 6/4 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel
Hill)
Sun - 6/4 - Neu Romance @ Kings (Raleigh)
Mon - 6/5 - CoCo do Mundo w/Keith, 7-11p @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/6 - Feinberg (lounge/house) @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/6 - Green Room (variety show) @ Hi5 (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/6 - Tequila Tuesdays w/Allwayz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Tue - 6/6 - ElectroBistro w/dJs M.Marek, guests @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)

Of Interest:
Film: Turkish Delight Film Festival, June 5, 12 & 26th @ Witherspoon
Student Ctr Cinema, NCSU (Raleigh)
Football: www.fifaworldcup.com
Internet: http://irrepressible.info/
Java Earthquake Relief Aid: http://www.directrelief.org/
Music: http://www.brokenbeatradio.com/shows/bbradio-051506.html
Music: Scale by Matthew Herbert - www.matthewherbert.com
Nightlife: www.myspace.com/familywinebar
Nightlife: www.legalizedancingnyc.com
Travel: http://couchsurfing.com/
Travel: RDU-NYC - $78 - www.continental.com

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1&cent;/min.
>From internationalistbooks-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org Wed May 31 15:36:20
>2006
by imf16aec.mail.bellsouth.net with ESMTP id

<20060531193516.RNQJ2551.imf16aec.mail.bellsouth.net AT ibm56aec.bellsouth.net>
for <internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org>;
Wed, 31 May 2006 15:35:16 -0400