ch-scene - OT: OC house with studio for sale.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: nateokeefe AT hotmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: OT: OC house with studio for sale.
  • Date: 26 May 2006 08:17:05 -0700

Sorry for the FS post - I have convinced myself that it is relevant to
amch because the item for sale includes a recording studio. Here are a
few details:

4217 Dairyland Rd, about 1.5 miles from the Maple View Farms dairy
store.
$219,900
3 br, 2 ba, 1499 sq ft, on two acres.

The studio is large, garage-like structure. It is not soundproof,
heated (well, there's a woodstove in the main room), cooled, or
insulated, but it has lots of electric and phone. The control room has
a double-glazed window and is not fully sonically isolated from the
main room, but it is a big step up from tracking in the same room as
the board. It could be renovated into a cool little commercial studio
or used as is as a project studio. The sounds of rain, spiders, birds
and dogs can make for some very charming recordings...

The house is owned by my brother, more info at:

http://www.leahstewart.com/house/

There is only on external picture of the studio near the bottom, but
I'm sure they can send you more if you're interested.

Nate O'Keefe